TABLE OF CONTENTS
How you can benefit from creating original Invoices:
Create one flow for the Invoice payment simulation and record the creation process.
Track approvals and payments to prevent maverick spending.
Track spending that does not require a Purchase Order.
In Precoro, there are several ways you can create an Invoice:
Create an original Invoice from scratch without a Purchase Order.
Generate the Invoice from an existing Purchase Order, follow this link to see how it works.
How to Manually Create an Invoice
To create a new Invoice manually, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Invoice module in the left-side menu and press Create.
2. Fill out all the required fields and click Create.
When adding a supplier on the document creation page and redacting it on the Draft stage, you can either choose the existing Supplier from the drop-down list or create a new one by clicking the Add New Supplier button.
Also, users with the Supplier Management Role can access the Supplier’s page directly via an active hyperlink.
3. Add items:
- Add Item button allows you to select items from the catalog.
- Add Empty Row allows you to enter the items manually, or Import Items to import items via Excel.
- Import Items allows you to upload items from the file in bulk in two quick steps.
- Update Items allows you to update the added items in bulk in a few quick steps. You can Update items in the Invoice document with Draft and In Revision statuses. Find the step-by-step instructions on items update — here.
Also, you can use the functionality to add items directly through Invoice without having to transfer them to Catalog manually. Find a guide on how to set up and use this function here.
Note that you can enter the negative item values in Invoices. Please learn how this functionality works here.
4. You can Add Attachments to your invoices and see them in related Purchase Orders if there are any.
5. If your Invoice is in Draft or In Revision, you can edit the location and supplier for it. You can only choose a supplier who has the same currency as the document you are editing.
Before editing the fields, please read the following article: Field Logic Behavior after Edit and Revise Actions in Documents.
Please note: You cannot edit this information if you create a direct invoice from the Purchase Order. For more details, see How to Create and Track a Purchase Order.
6. Double-check the information and click Confirm.
7. If your process requires approval, the Invoice will be sent to the authorized approvers, and the Invoice’s status will be changed to Pending.
You can compare the changes made in the Invoice using the Revision History button.
In Revision History, you can see all the attachment alterations as well.
Additional information on how to use this function can be found here.
8. You can always download the created document in the XLSX or PDF formats by clicking on the corresponding buttons.
If the document has a related Credit Note, additional Credits, Paid, and To Pay parameters will be added automatically.
Budget Breakdown in Invoices
When you have added a Budget and activated a Budget Breakdown function to your Invoice document you will see the Budget Breakdown button below the item lines.
More information about the Budget Breakdown function can be found following this link.
Please note that the Budget Breakdown button will display in documents on Draft, Approved, and In Revision statuses.
Invoice Without Receipt Blocking Functionality
You can block the document’s Invoice Confirmation without Receipt. After the Receipt creation, the Invoice will be automatically forwarded to the next Step in your Workflow.
How to set up:
- Activate a checkbox in Configuration → Basic Settings → Documents Setup → Invoice → Block Invoice Confirmation without Receipt.
You can also select whom you wish to prompt to create Receipts. Those responsible will receive an email notification.
Please note that this checkbox is not activated by default.
- The Payment Terms field will be required when creating a Purchase Order or Invoice from PO with the checkbox activated. In Invoice documents with Payment Terms → Postpayment, the Confirmation button will be automatically blocked if not all items were received.
- On the Show Invoice page, you can see an added Received column in items, which displays the received item quantity (same as in the related Purchase Order).
- When a user attempts to Confirm an Invoice without a Receipt, the document will obtain a new Pending Receipt status. With it, the Invoice will not be available for Confirmation until the Receipt is created, and afterward, the Invoice will be automatically forwarded to the next Step in your Workflow.
- To promptly filter data, use the Invoiced but Not Received Infocard when creating Receipts for Purchase Orders:
- Automatic sending of letters to those in charge of Receipt creation for the documents where we have an Invoice and the received quantity is less than the invoiced one.
How to Track an Invoice
Track the invoice statuses directly from the Invoice management page. You can gather the basic needed information without having to actually open the document by Status in the corresponding column.
- Draft — the Invoice was created but not submitted yet. The initiator can still edit it and add/modify the items.
- Pending — the Invoice was submitted and sent for approval to the responsible authorizing user.
- Approved — the Invoice was approved by the responsible authorizing user.
- Rejected — the Invoice was not approved by one of the approvers in the approval flow. Therefore, it will not be paid.
- Paid/Partly paid — the Invoice is paid/partly paid.
- Canceled — the initiator revoked the invoice.
- Pending Confirmation — the Invoice created for the PO has some discrepancies, and the PO initiator needs to review these changes and approve them in the PO first. You can proceed with the Invoice only after the differences are approved in PO.
To expedite and optimize searches you can utilize the advanced or fast set of filters available on the document management page.
Fast filters on the panel above the document’s list will help you get the needed results quickly whereas advanced filters will allow you to go through the search more in-depth.
Find more useful information on how to set and use filters in Precoro here.
To use advanced filters for Invoices click Filters and set the parameters you need in the appropriate fields, then click:
- Filter results — to apply the selected filtering parameters.
- Save current filter — to save the selected filtering instantly.
- Reset all filters — to reset the selected filtering parameters.
You can also use the specific payment filters to find needed information faster:
- Payment Date filter added on the Invoice management page available in the advanced set of filters where you can select the needed date range:
The Payment Date filter will sort out the information using the Payment date field from Payments:
- The Payer filter on the Payments management page in Precoro is available in the advanced set of filters where you can select the needed people from the drop-down list. Also, note that you can add multiple Payers to the filter at once: