In Precoro, you can effectively manage your company’s Item list.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Adjusting Items Basic Settings
- Adding Items Custom Fields
- Adding Items to Documents
- Additional Functions to Consider
Adjusting Items Basic Settings
To configure the settings, open Configuration → Basic Settings → Items tab and select the necessary options:
- Item Bundles — a feature that allows creating a set of goods to buy it as one set regularly.
- Upload Item Images — allows adding images to the items for visualization purposes in PNG or JPEG formats.
- Item Description — allows adding a description to the items.
- Links — allows adding links to various web resources to the items.
- Enable SKU — allows entering the SKU numbering for the items to help you accurately track the stock.
After enabling the necessary features, you can manually Add Items to Precoro through the Item Management page:
You can also use the Import Items option to upload them in bulk.
Adding Items Custom Fields
Customize the Items by adding the Items Custom Fields, like Charts of Accounts/Cost Centers, Departments, or Projects. Consider the detailed instructions on the Items Custom Fields functionality following these links:
Items Custom Fields and Documents Custom Fields
Functionality of Items Custom Fields
Adding Items to Documents
In Precoro, you can use three options to add items to a document. These options can be found below the document’s main information and Documents Custom Fields block.
- Add Item — adding previously created Item from the Items Management list.
- Add empty row — manually add all the necessary information about the Item.
- Import Items — importing Items from an Excel document.
Please read the following instructions to successfully perform this action with different documents:
How to Import Items in the Purchase Requisition via Excel
How to Import Items in Purchase Orders via Excel
How to Import Items in Invoice via Excel
Additional Functions to Consider
Managing Items with the help of Groups
If you wish to restrict certain items to particular employee groups, use the Item Group function, and read this detailed instruction to set it up.
Categorize your item list to simplify the search, create analytics, and make restrictions for certain employee Groups based on categories.
Create a new Category
1. Open the Suppliers and Items → Category Management page.
2. Click on the Add Category.
3. Enter the Name and leave the Active checkbox on.
4. Press the green checkmark on the right.
Add Category to Items
1. Open the Suppliers and Items → Item Management page.
2. Add a new Item and select the necessary Category.
Restrict certain Items to a particular employee Group
1. On the Item Management page, click on the Edit Item group categories button.
2. Select the Category and Group and press the green Enable button to add the Items from the selected Group into the chosen Category.
Thus, only the employees included in the Group will see these Items.
Using the Free of Charge function
When adding items, you can employ the Free of charge function, which can be useful in the following situations:
- Ordering or receiving free samples from the Suppliers or Partners.
- Custom duties invoices that include a $0 value of service, but there is an amount of tax payable (GST on customs).
- Packaging that does not need additional payment must still be displayed in the order.
To use this function, activate it by ticking the Free of charge checkbox: