Approval Workflow allows you to send documents stored in Precoro to one or more people for approval. This process is set up individually for each company.
Usually, the bigger the company is, the more complicated the approval process becomes.
Precoro allows you to configure a customized individual approval workflow for Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Invoices, Receipts, and Warehouse Requests.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Why Use an Approval Workflow in Precoro
- How Our Clients Use Approval Workflows
Why Use an Approval Workflow in Precoro
Using an Approval Workflow in Precoro can help you resolve the following issues:
- Lack of control at various stages of the purchasing process.
- Lack of understanding of the procurement process protocol.
Suggestions to Set an Effective Workflow
When setting up the flow your approval chain should be as efficient as possible — therefore, it needs to be simple and clear:
- Your teammates should understand why certain requests/orders/invoices require approval.
- Responsible people should know the key factors and how they will be tracked.
- There should be no extra steps.
Approval process simplicity and clarity are critical due to the following reasons:
- Approval is a time-consuming process, and time is money. The longer the process, the more steps you have, and the more expensive the purchasing process is.
- Unclear and excess steps can lead to confusion or create mistakes and cause unwanted results.
- Ordering, invoicing, and making payments depend upon the proper functioning of the approval process.
How Our Clients Use Approval Workflows
- Small business companies commonly use the approval workflow process for purchase requests.
- Once the approval workflow is set up, your request requires approval from an appropriate user.
- The approval workflow is assigned to each request and depends on the configurations. The user will see it as a simple roadmap.
- After the request has passed all needed approval steps, Precoro creates a Purchase Order.
When establishing an approval process, it is best to keep it simple and not overly complicated.
The longer the approval chain is, the more time is needed for the procurement process and the more difficult it will be to implement.
Additional Useful Materials
To learn how to work with Approval Workflows in Precoro, please read the following articles: