Purchase Requisition is a document generated by an employee to request that the company orders certain items and to advise on the quantity and timeframe for the order. Please read this article to learn more about the Purchase Requisition and how to use it in Precoro.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Set Up a Purchase Requisition Module in the Basic Settings
- Set Relevant User Roles
- Create the Approval Workflow
Set Up a Purchase Requisition Module in the Basic Settings
- Open the Configuration, go to the Basic Settings, and click on the Purchase Requisitions tab.
- Activate the module by turning the switch On.
- Make sure that all necessary features are active:
Empty Rows for Items — allows users to add items to the Requisition in a free form.
When this feature is active, users have three options when adding items: they can pick an item from the Catalog, add all the necessary information manually, or import items in bulk.
Disabling this feature allows users to only add items from the Catalog. Therefore, you do not need to add items manually as the Add Empty Row button will not be displayed in the document:
You can take advantage of using Empty Rows in the following cases:
- You are confident that users will select the appropriate Chart of Accounts and will follow the Accounting rules.
- There will be no errors or misspellings in denominations.
If you wish to receive clear and formalized information on the items you are buying, or assist your users with selecting a Chart of Accounts, it is best you use the Catalog items. To do so, turn off the Empty Rows for Items and add your Catalog.
Please read this article to learn more about how to create a Catalog.
Display prices — allows users to see the price and Total Sum of the document.
Disabling this feature allows you to hide the items price and the Total Sum from other users:
Enable SKU — allows users to see the SKU of the item in the row.
Disabling this feature removes the SKU information from the item’s row so your users will not see it.
4. To save the changes, press the Update button below.
Set Relevant User Roles
- Open the Configuration page and go to the User Management tab.
- Select the users who will work with the PR module and provide them with corresponding roles. To do that, press the Edit Action and set the user’s rights in the Roles tab.
- To save the changes, press the Update button below.
The “View only” role grants document viewing without editing or approving rights.
The “Create” role provides access to document creation and editing.
The “Approve” role allows approving the documents created by other users.
Create the Approval Workflow
Approval Workflow allows you to send documents stored in Precoro to one or more people for their approval. This process is set up individually for each company. Find more information on the approval workflow and the advantages of using it in Precoro here.
Detailed instructions on creating and setting up the Approval Workflow are in this article.
In the Purchase Requisition document, you can build the Approval Steps that best suit your company’s working process.
For example, you can incorporate:
- Different Authorization Limit levels for the Procurement process
- Heads of Departments Approval