Getting off on the right foot when working with your suppliers is crucial. Thanks to Precoro, you can prevent any issues with delivery or services by storing and managing all your contacts in one place.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to Enable Contracts in Precoro
- How to Add a New Contract
- How to Manually Deactivate Contracts
Contract management in Precoro will help you with the following:
- Understanding of the procurement agreement and time frames scope
- Will allow you to create POs under a contract with the supplier
- Will remind the supplier of their obligations
- Will provide you with quick access to its online contacts storage instead of a folder filled with documents on your computer.
How to Enable Contracts in Precoro
To start working with the Contract module in Precoro, go to the Configuration section, open the Basic Settings, and go to the MISC tab. Then, activate the Contract feature by ticking the appropriate box to access the contract management.
In order to save the settings, press the Update button below.
How to Add a New Contract
1. To add a contract, open the Suppliers and Items section and choose the Contract Management option:
2. Click on the Add contract button in the top right corner to create a new document:
3. Enter the relevant information in all the required fields:
- Supplier* — choose the name of the previously created supplier. Find more information on how to add a supplier here.
- Legal Entity* — choose from the list of the available legal entities. Find more information on how to create and use a new legal entity here.
- Contact number* — you can adapt the filter in Precoro based on the number. This will help you find the necessary document through the whole database in seconds.
- Start/Expiration dates* — enter the negotiated duration of this particular contract.
- Note — put in any additional important information.
- Extendable contract — specify whether you would like to prolong the contract automatically.
4. Press the Add attachments button to upload files into the contract.
5. After entering the information, click the Create button below to save the new contract.
How to Manually Deactivate Contracts
There is a possibility to deactivate a contract in editing mode manually. If the contract is active, you can see the green light next to the Active field. To proceed with deactivation, press the green button so that it will turn gray.
When using filters, you can sort out active or inactive contracts.
Types of Documents to Insert Contracts into
In Precoro, you can use contracts when creating the following documents:
Purchase Order (PO)
Where Contracts Are Displayed
Having the Contract information directly in the document will provide more information on the Supplier’s cooperation conditions and help control the Contract’s expiration date.
You will see the Contract information in the Purchase Order and Invoice documents.
When working with these documents, you will see the following Contract information:
Contract validity dates.
Managing the Contracts with Reports
To save time and always be in the loop, use the preconfigured Report, which will search the system and give you the complete information on the contracts existing in Precoro.
To use the Report, go to this section and choose the Contracts Revision History Report, which will provide fresh information on the selected time period.
To create a report, input the Revision Date and Reviser. Then, click on Run Report, and you will receive an XLSX file to work with further.
Please note that by default, the Reviser field is set to all users, but you can change this setting by choosing the needed Reviser from the drop-down list.
Contract-Related Email Notifications
Precoro will keep you updated on the current contract time frames. If you wish to receive email notifications on Expiring Contracts, go to the Email Preferences and check the corresponding box.