This article will lead you through the Expenses module setup process. To start using this document type, please follow these steps:
- Enable the Expenses in the Configuration —> Basic Settings —> Expenses tab:
- Turn the switch on.
- Make sure that all necessary features are active.
Payments — this function helps conduct an internal audit of payments for expenses created by employees. After making the payment, the document acquires status Paid.
Require File Attachments — this function disables users from saving the created Expense without an attachment.
Required Issue Date — this function disables users from saving the created Expense without specifying the Issue Date.
Budget — this function shows which Budget includes the created Expense as well as the available budget amount.
Please note that the selected Budget will be saved in the documents with Paid or Approved statuses. But it will be unavailable in Pending and Draft Expenses and will be removed after the document’s revision.
2. Set up proper roles for users to give them access to the Expenses module:
- Go back to the Configuration page —> User Management.
- Select related to the Expenses roles and press the Update button.
The “View only” role grants document viewing without editing or approving rights.
The “Create” role provides access to document creation and editing.
The “Approve” role allows approving the documents created by other users.
The “Pay” role enables making payments for Expenses.
3. Make your Custom Fields (Departments, Projects, GL Accounts, etc.) available in Expenses:
- Open Configuration —> Documents/Items Custom Fields.
- Select the Custom Field and click the Edit button.
- Mark the Expenses checkbox as active and click the Update button.
4. Set up the Approval Workflow for Expenses:
- Go to Configuration —> Approval Workflow —> Expense Approval Workflow.
- Set up the approval workflow based on your needs.