To begin, you should turn on the Expense module and make sure all Users have the necessary Roles.
You can find more information on these settings in this article: How to Set Up the Expenses Module.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to Create an Expense
- How to Use Mass Payment for an Expense
- How to Edit and Revise an Expense
- How to Track an Expense
- How to Check the Revision History
- How to Cancel an Expense
- How to Repeat an Expense
How to Create an Expense
To create an Expense document, please follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Expense module in the left-side menu and press Create.
2. Fill out all the required fields and click Create.
3. Add items to the document:
- Click the Add Empty Row button to add items or services.
- Use the Import Items function to upload items from the file in two quick steps.
- Use the Update Items function to quickly enter the changes into current document items. You can Update items in Expenses with Draft and In Revision statuses.
Also, you can use the functionality to add items directly through Expense without having to transfer them to Catalog manually. Find a guide on how to set up and use this function here.
4. Add supplementary information like the following:
- Attachments to prove all spent costs
- Notes and Comments.
5. If your process requires approval, the Expense will be sent to the authorized approvers, and the Expense status will be changed to Pending.
Find more on how to set up the Expense approval process here.
How to Use Mass Payment for an Expense
There is no need to create separate payments for different suppliers for each Expense. Instead, select all the necessary documents and pay for them with one click.
- Multi-select the necessary documents by checking the box on the left.
- Press the green Pay selected button.
Please note that only Expenses with To be paid and Overdue categories are available for multi-select and mass payment.
How to Edit and Revise an Expense
You can edit the Expense document fields with any status without sending them for Revision. To do this, click the Edit button to the right and enter the necessary changes.
Before editing any fields, please read this article: Field logic behavior after Edit and Revise actions in documents.
If you wish to send the document for Revision, click on the corresponding button to the right and add changes to the document and item fields.
Please note that the document will change status to In Revision, and you will need to go through the Confirmation process again.
How to Track an Expense
To track the needed Expense documents you can use two sets of Filters for setting the specific parameters to receive the necessary results.
In Expense Filters, you can also set filtering parameters by Items and Documents Custom Fields. Learn how to do that here.
You can find the panel of fast filters above the document list on the Expenses Management page. These filters will help you quickly sort the needed data without having to open the advanced filters page:
Using the advanced set of filters by pressing the Filters button in the left corner of the filtering panel, you can filter through and obtain the required information:
Use Budget Filters
Use Budget filters in the fast and advanced set of filters for the Expense document type.
- View in the advanced filters:
- View in the fast set of filters:
The filters are only shown if Budgets for Expenses are activated for the Budgets module in Basic Settings.
How to Check the Revision History
You can now select and compare changes made in the Expense documents using the Revision History button.
This function is only available to users with access to the Expenses module.
Find additional information on how to use the Revision History here.
How to Cancel an Expense
Click the Cancel button on the right and provide the cancellation reason.
How to Repeat an Expense
Use the Repeat function to save time creating new Expenses by copying the existing document.
To utilize this function, click the Repeat button in the already created Expense document, and its data will be copied into the new document.
Please note that the Due Date and Expense # fields will not be copied into the new document.