This article will help you understand how the integration of Suppliers (Vendors) works.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to Import Suppliers from NetSuite
- Integrated Fields and Their Synchronization
- Other Supplier Integration Features
How to Import Suppliers from NetSuite
You can find the list of your Suppliers in Lists —> Relationships —> Vendors:
To import Suppliers from your NetSuite account to your company in Precoro, follow these steps:
1. Make sure that Suppliers are associated with the integrated Subsidiary.
2. Go to your NetSuite integration page and click the Import Suppliers button.
3. Select the Suppliers you want to import or click Select All (if you need to integrate all of them).
4. Use Search if you need to find and integrate particular Suppliers. You can also see the Currency imported from the main Supplier Currency.
Please note: When you clean the search, all selected suppliers become unmarked. This prevents importing the suppliers that you do not see while searching.
5. Click the Import button.
Congratulations, Suppliers have been imported.
Please note: Only Suppliers associated with the integrated Subsidiary will be imported to Precoro.
Integrated Fields and Their Synchronization
Vendor information from NetSuite, which Precoro currently syncs:
Vendor (Supplier) Field in Precoro
Related Field in Vendor’s NetSuite Profile
|1||Supplier’s Name||Company Name (Primary Information)||*two-way synchronization|
|2||Currency||Primary Currency (Financial → Account Information)||*one-way synchronization
Only the main currency can be integrated
|3||Email Address||Email (Email | Phone | Address)||*one-way synchronization|
|4||Legal Address||Address (Email | Phone | Address)||*one-way synchronization|
|5||Tax Payer Number||Tax ID (Financial → Account Information)||*two-way synchronization|
|6||Phone Number (Company contact)||Phone (Email | Phone | Address)||*two-way synchronization|
|7||Account Number||Account (Financial → Account Information)||*two-way synchronization|
*one-way synchronization — changes made in Precoro will not be displayed in NetSuite. Changes made in NetSuite will be displayed in Precoro after the data update.
*two-way synchronization — changes made in Precoro affect the integrated data in NetSuite. Changes made in NetSuite will be displayed in Precoro after the data update.
Select the Supplier Type in NetSuite Integration
When importing Suppliers from NetSuite to Precoro, you can see the two categories:
- Company — regular Supplier type companies.
- Individual — this category may include private entrepreneurs and freelancers.
You will be able to see which Supplier belongs to which category and, if necessary, filter them by this parameter. For example, you can import only the Individual type suppliers.
In NetSuite in the Vendor List, you can select the needed Type:
On the importing suppliers from the NetSuite page, there is a new column, Is Individual. This column contains Yes or No values, which indicate whether it is a regular company or an individual one.
Character Limits for Suppliers Fields in NetSuite
In NetSuite, you cannot enter more symbols than allowed by the system. Here are the character limits:
- Company name = 83 symbols
- Email Address = 254 symbols
- Phone number = 32 symbols
- Account number = 99 symbols
- Legal name = 83 symbols
- Tax ID = 25 symbols.
Other Supplier Integration Features
1. What if the Supplier has several subsidiaries?
If one of those subsidiaries is integrated with Precoro, the Supplier can be integrated.
2. The Supplier has two or more currencies. How does the integration work?
Only one currency per Supplier can be integrated. The company’s main currency will be imported.
3. Can I integrate the Supplier that uses a Supplier Portal?
The Supplier with Supplier Portal can be integrated and use Portal as well.
4. Updating one of the synced fields for a Vendor
- In Precoro — a related field in NetSuite updates automatically.
- In NetSuite — click on Update Suppliers on the Integration page in Precoro to sync changes.
5. Adding a new Vendor
- In Precoro — the Vendor will be automatically added to NetSuite*.
- In NetSuite — click on Import Suppliers on the Integration page in Precoro to sync the new Vendor.
*Note: Email Address and Legal Address will not be synced.
6. Removing a Vendor
- In Precoro — the Vendor will remain active in NetSuite. If you want to deactivate the Vendor in NetSuite, do this manually by clicking the Edit button.
- In NetSuite — click on Update Suppliers on the Integration page in Precoro to sync the inactive status of the Vendor.
7. Updating a Vendor after merging the duplicates in Netsuite
Make sure that a Master Vendor in NetSuite has the same name as the integrated Vendor in Precoro.
Click on Update Suppliers on the Integration page in Precoro to sync the Vendors again.
8. Adding/updating Vendors in Precoro in bulk (with further syncing with NetSuite)
If you want to import new Vendors/update current Vendors in bulk via Import Suppliers on the Configurations → Suppliers Management page and then sync the changes with NetSuite, it should be done through the additional mapping procedure. In such a case, please contact your Client Success Manager, and we will help you manage this process.
9. Auto-updating Integrated Vendors in Precoro
Integrated vendors in Precoro can be automatically updated weekly on Mondays. Thanks to this feature, all Vendors you import from NetSuite to Precoro are automatically updated based on the changes you make in NetSuite.
Please contact your Client Success Manager so we can assist you in this matter.