TABLE OF CONTENTS
Why Use Xero Integration
Xero is an accounting software solution designed for small businesses.
Integrating it with Precoro will:
- Accelerate and automate the working process in your company.
- Allow your purchasing operations to run continuously with no irregularities.
- Help maintain valuable communication within the team so that departments always have up-to-date information.
With Xero integration, you will get a fully-automated process:
- Create the Purchase Orders or Invoices in Xero whenever they obtain the Approved status.
- Connect the Purchasing/Procurement departments with the Accounting department.
1. To set up this integration, you need to have both Xero and Precoro accounts with administrative roles.
2. If you have registered multiple companies accounts, you need to set the integration for each of them separately.
Step-by-Step Xero Integration
Step 1. Connect your accounts
Open the Integrations page in Precoro, click on the Connect to Xero button, and enter your credentials to access your Xero account:
Click on the Allow Access button for Precoro to access the necessary information:
Step 2. Import the necessary data
Once you have allowed the access, choose the information you wish to import.
- To import the Chart of Accounts, click on this option, select data, and press the Import button.
When transferring the Chart of Accounts from Xero, there are several account types Precoro cannot support. So please, check out the table below to ensure you are importing the compatible options.
Chart of Accounts options that are compatible with Precoro:
- To import Tracking Categories, click on this option, select data, and press the Import button.
Please note that you can have only two Tracking Categories in Xero. Those might be Projects, Departments, or Classes. In Xero, these categories are available on the items level only, so they will be imported as the item custom fields.
- To import Suppliers, click on this option, select data, and press the Import button. To optimize the searching process, use Search by name.
Please note you can load 100 suppliers at a time. If you wish to see all of your suppliers from Xero, click the Load more button.
- To import Items, click on this option, select data, and press the Import button.
- To import Tax Rates, click on this option, select data, and press the Import button.
Step 3. Chose the Document Type to send and Save
The final step is to select the type of document you wish to send into Xero:
- Approved Purchase Orders
- Approved Invoices.
To save the changes made, press the Save button.
Please note that you should use the same Rounding Settings in both systems. In Xero, the Rounding is set to two digits after the comma by default.
Consider reading this article to learn more about Rounding Settings in Precoro.
Data Synchronization Between Xero and Precoro
Exporting Approved Purchase Orders to Xero
Exporting Approved Invoices to Xero
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Xero Sync
Importing Items from Xero into Precoro