In Precoro, you can choose the documents and data you wish to send or import from Xero. Here are a few helpful articles for you:
1. Set Up the Xero Integration.
2. Learn more about data synchronization between the two systems.
3. Export the Purchase Order type of document.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Select the Invoice Document to Send
- How the Invoice Is Sent to Xero
- What Data Is Sent
- How to Find the Invoices Not Sent to Xero
- Editing or Revising the Invoice
- Invoice Cancellation
Select the Invoice Document to Send
To send an Approved Invoice to Xero, open the Integrations page in Precoro, select the Invoice type of document, and save this setting:
How the Invoice Is Sent to Xero
Once the Invoice document has received status Approved in Precoro, it is automatically sent to Xero.
In Xero, the document automatically receives the Awaiting Approval status.
The Invoice document in Xero can have the following statuses:
- Draft — available only if you start creating an Invoice via Xero.
- Awaiting Approval — all approved in Precoro Invoices will have this status in Xero.
- Awaiting Payment — an Invoice gets this status in Xero after a person in charge approves it.
- Paid — assigned after an Invoice was received and paid.
- Repeating – in case you wish to schedule a repeated payment.
What Data Is Sent
- General Invoice information
|Precoro System||Xero System|
|Due Date||Due Date|
|Invoice currency||Currency name|
- Notes, Comments, and Attachments
All this information will be available in Xero in the History & Notes section.
The Notes and Comments text from Precoro will be displayed in the Details field. Also, you will see additional information such as the Date once it is uploaded and the User, which will be System Generated by default if the information was imported from Precoro.
|Precoro System||Xero System|
|Xero Chart of Accounts||Account|
Please note that you should use the same Rounding Settings in both systems. In Xero, the Rounding is set to two digits after the comma by default.
Consider reading this article to learn more about Rounding Settings in Precoro.
How to Find the Not Sent to Xero Invoices
The Not Sent to Xero filter will show the documents that were not exported due to a possible error. To make sure that all documents are up-to-date in Xero, you need to:
1. Filter the Invoices.
2. Determine the cause of an error in the Integrations logs.
3. Correct the error. Find more information on how to fix different errors here.
4. Resend the Invoice to Xero.
Editing or Revising the Invoice
The changes you make in Precoro can only be applied to those Invoices that have not yet been approved and have the Awaiting approval status.
If you make changes and send them to the already approved Xero document, they will not be imported.
You can Edit or Revise an Invoice in Precoro using the standard system logic. To send the made changes to Xero, please use the corresponding button:
Find more information on how to work with Invoices in Precoro here.
To cancel an Invoice in both systems, go to Precoro and Cancel the selected document there.
In Xero, the document will be deleted automatically.
There is no particular stage for Canceled Invoices in Xero. They are simply deleted and are not displayed at any other stage anymore.