TABLE OF CONTENTS
Why use Xero integration
Xero is an accounting software solution designed for small businesses.
Integrating it with Precoro will:
- Accelerate and automate the working process in your company.
- Make sure your purchasing operations run continuously with no irregularities.
- Help maintain valuable communication within the team so that departments always have up-to-date information.
Using integration, you will get the fully-automated process:
1. Creating the Purchase Orders or Invoices in Xero whenever they obtain the Approved status.
2. Connecting the Purchasing/Procurement departments with the Accounting one.
1. To set up the integration, you need to have both Xero and Precoro accounts with administrative roles.
2. Also, if you have multiple companies' accounts registered, you would need to set the integration separately for each.
Step-by-step Xero integration
Step 1. Connect your accounts
Open the Integrations page in Precoro, click on the Connect to Xero button and enter your credentials to access your Xero account:
Click on Allow Access button for Precoro to get the necessary information:
Step 2. Import the necessary data
Once you have established the access, choose the information you wish to import.
- To import the Chart of accounts, click on this option, select the data and press the Import button.
- To import the Tracking categories click on this option, select the data, and press the Import button.
Please note that you can have only two Tracking categories in Xero. Those might be Projects, Departments, or Classes. In Xero, these categories are available on the items level only, so they will be imported as the item custom fields.
- To import the Suppliers click on this option, select the data, and press the Import button. To optimize the searching process, you can use the Search by name.
Please note you can load 100 suppliers at a time, and if you wish to see all of your suppliers from Xero, please click the Load more button.
- To import the Items click on this option, select the data, and press the Import button.
- To import the Tax rates, click on this option, select the data and press the Import button.
Step 3. Chose the Document Type to send and Save
The final step is to select the type of document you wish to send into Xero:
- Approved Purchase Orders.
- Approved Invoices.
To save the changes made, please press the Save button.
1. Which statuses will have the created PO/Invoices in Xero?
- In Xero, those documents will have Pending status.
2. Do the attachments will be sent to Xero as well?
- Yes, the attachments are sent to Xero along with the document.
3. Does the information get updated in the Xero document if I revise it in Precoro?
- Yes, the revised information from Precoro will be exported to the document in Xero.
4. Does the information get updated in the Precoro document if I revise it in Xero?
- No, the revised information from Xero will not be exported to the document in Precoro.
5. Can I choose to import PO and Invoice types of documents simultaneously?
- At the moment, this function is unavailable. If you wish to utilize this option, please contact our Support and let us know.