Turn on Vacation Mode before you go on vacation so your colleagues are aware of your absence and document workflow continues smoothly.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to enable Vacation Mode?
- When the original approver goes on vacation, how can we designate a Backup Approver for the documents?
- How will the username be displayed while the user is away?
How to enable Vacation Mode?
1. Go to the Profile Settings page by clicking the Setting button on the top right of your screen.
2. Find the Vacation Mode tab.
3. Enable the "Show me as away" switch.
4. Now you can set up the First Day you will be away and the Last Day of your absence. During this period your username will be displayed as it is shown in the preview.
5. All set! After saving your colleagues will be informed that you are out of the office.
When the original approver goes on vacation, how can we designate a Backup Approver for the documents?
For each step of the approval workflow, users can assign a Backup Approver to handle the documents while they are away.
Who is the Backup Approver? It is your coworker who will be granted temporary authority to approve or reject documents meant to be handled by you. Any employee with access to the same company locations, document custom fields, and relevant roles can become a backup approver.
As a result, even if one of the approvers takes time off, the document flow will not be interrupted.
Follow these steps to assign a Backup Approver:
1. First, turn on Vacation Mode. Go to the Profile Settings page by clicking the Setting button on the top right of your screen.
Find the Vacation Mode tab. Activate the "Show me as away" switch.
2. Set up the First Day you will be away and the Last Day of your absence.
3. Click on the "Edit" button under the Backup Approver field. In the pop-up window choose a substitute approver for each step of the approval workflow you have been added to:
- add as many backup approvers as you need for each step by clicking the "Add" button;
- if you need to delete the backup approver from the step, press the "Delete" button next to the user's email;
- assign backup approvers in every company you have access to; check out the first column to see the company name.
Press the "Save" button to keep the changes.
Note that when you leave the Backup Approver field blank, there will be no substitute who will be able to approve documents during your vacation.
4. Press the "Update" button in the Vacation Mode tab to save the changes. All set! After saving
- your colleagues will be informed that you are out of the office;
- the backup approvers you have assigned to approval steps will get the email about it.
How will the username be displayed while the user is away?
1. In the lists of the documents
b. With assigned Backup Approvers
1. Will I get the email notifications after turning on the Vacation Mode?
No, you will not receive any email notifications during the period you set up on the Vacation Mode tab. Enjoy your days off!
2. When will I start getting notifications again?
Email notifications will resume after your last day of vacation is over.
3. Do I need to turn on the Vacation Mode in every company I have access to in Precoro?
No, the Vacation Mode is turned on in every company you have access to in Precoro.
4. How should I assign Backup Approvers in every company I have access to in Precoro?
You can choose backup approvers for each approval step in each company you have access to in Precoro.
5. What can the Backup Approver do with the documents of the original approver while he/she is away?
The backup approver will be temporarily able to approve or reject documents instead of the original approver while he/she is away.
It will be documented on the document page and in the reports.
As soon as the original approver has returned from vacation, the backup approver cannot approve documents of that original approver.