This article will help you to understand how the integration of the Chart of Accounts works:
- How to import Chart of Accounts from NetSuite;
- Chart of Accounts types that can be integrated with Precoro;
- Which fields are integrated and the way of their synchronization;
- Character limits for Accounts' fields in NetSuite;
- Other peculiarities of Chart of Accounts Integration
How to import Chart of Accounts from NetSuite
You can find the list of your Chart of Accounts
Note: in Precoro, you can import Accounts only as Items Custom Field (you’ll be able to select accounts on the items’ level).
To import Accounts from your NetSuite account to your company in Precoro, you should follow these steps:
1. Firstly, make sure that your Accounts are associated with the integrated Subsidiary;
2. Then go to your NetSuite integration page and click the Import Chart of Accounts button;
3. Select those Accounts that should be imported or click "Select all" (if you need to integrate all ones);
4. Click the Import button;
5. Congratulations — the Accounts list has been imported.
Please note: only Accounts that are associated with the integrated Subsidiary will be imported to Precoro.
Accounts types that can be integrated with Precoro
What settings will be applied to the imported list of Accounts
After your Chart of Accounts list is successfully imported, the following settings will be applied to this Items Custom Field:
- Required to select in items;
Available to select in:
- All modules that are enabled in your company in Precoro;
Which fields are integrated and the method of their synchronization
Account's information from NetSuite, which Precoro currently syncs
Please note: the Accounts' integration uses *one-way synchronization method
|#||Account's field in NetSuite||Account's field in Precoro||Notes|
|2||Number||Code||The "Use Account Numbers" feature must be enabled in your NetSuite account|
Integrated options can not be edited — they will be blocked for any changes.
*one-way synchronization — changes made in Precoro will not be displayed in NetSuite. Changes made in NetSuite will be displayed in Precoro after the data update.
*two-way synchronization — changes made in Precoro affect the integrated data in NetSuite. Changes made in NetSuite will be displayed in Precoro after the data update.
Character limits for Accounts' fields in NetSuite:
In NetSuite, you cannot enter more symbols than allowed by the system. Here are the limits:
- Name = 60 symbols
- Account number = 60 symbols
Other peculiarities of Items Integration
1. What if an Account has several subsidiaries?
If one of those subsidiaries is integrated with Precoro — the item can be integrated.
3. Adding a new Account (option)
a. in Precoro - you cannot edit integrated Items Custom Field;
b. in NetSuite - you should click on the Import Chart of Accounts button on the integration page in Precoro to sync the new Account.
4. Removing an Account
a. in Precoro - Account will remain active in NetSuite. To disable Account in NetSuite, you should do this manually via the Edit button;
b. in NetSuite - you should click on the Update Chart of Accounts button on the integration page in Precoro to sync the inactive status of the Account.
5. Making an Account inactive
- in Precoro — Account will remain active in NetSuite. To disable Account in NetSuite, you should do this manually via the Edit button;
- in NetSuite - you should click on the Update Chart of Accounts button on the integration page in Precoro to sync the inactive status of the Account.
6. Changing the Items Custom Field name:
- in Precoro - the Account list name will not be changed in NetSuite;
- in NetSuite - the Account list name will not be changed in Precoro.
7. Auto-Updating Integrated Accounts in Precoro
The integrated accounts in Precoro can be automatically updated once per week, on Monday. As a result, all Accounts you have imported from Netsuite to Precoro will automatically be updated based on the changes you make in Netsuite.
Please contact your Client Success Manager so we can assist you in this matter.