TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Use cases:
- How to set up Amazon Punchin:
- You need to create a Punchin group within your Amazon Business account:
- Setup your Purchasing system.
- Add your address and credentials to Precoro.
- Add users to your Punchin group.
- Place your test Purchase Order.
- Next, you need to send your credentials to your customer success manager at Precoro:
- Once done with testing, you can switch to active mode.
- Most popular: You want to select if you want to place a PO on Amazon without approval or with approval in Precoro. You need to have groups on Amazon, one for direct purchases on Amazon and one for Punchin. When placing a PO, you will be able to select one of these groups. You need to complete all of the steps from this article to set up your Amazon account ready for this case.
- Most restricted: You want to proceed with approval in Precoro for all of the purchases made on Amazon. Skip the next step and start setting up your Purchasing system for this use case.
How to set up Amazon Punchin:
First of all, you need to have an Amazon Business account on Amazon.
You need to create a Punchin group within your Amazon Business account:
Setup your Purchasing system.
Save these credentials to a spreadsheet. Then, send these credentials to your customer success manager.
*here, you can copy a spreadsheet template and fill it in.
Please note that you need to set up Purchasing system inside the Punchin group.
Add your address and credentials to Precoro.
- Add the same addresses to Precoro as you have in Amazon;
- Open the Amazon configuration page and add your credentials;
- Select the Amazon as a supplier or create a new supplier if you don't have it;
- Select the default Location and Legal Entity for your Amazon orders;
Add users to your Punchin group.
- Open your group and press 'People'
- Press 'Add people,' insert emails and select 'Punchout buyer.'
*Please make sure you've not selected the 'Requisitioner' role - this role allows you to skip the punchin process.
**If you do not see the 'Punchout buyer' role, you need to check if you are inside the Punchin group.
Now the settings are done. Your Punchin settings are in test mode, and you're ready to place a test PO.
Place your test Purchase Order.
- Add any item to your basket and click 'Proceed to checkout';
- Confirm all the steps till the last one, 'Place an order.' On the last step, you'll see 'This order requires approval', and it means that your PO will be sent for approval in Precoro;
- Submit your PO, and you will be redirected to Precoro;
- In Precoro, you need to select the required fields: department, budget, location, and chart of accounts. Once done, click 'Confirm', and if you have approval, your PO will go through the approval process and then confirmed on Amazon. If not, it will be confirmed on Amazon and canceled if few hours automatically because of testing;
- You can cancel your PO in Precoro once canceled on Amazon.
Next, you need to send your credentials to your customer success manager at Precoro:
- Precoro team will ensure that all settings made right both on Amazon and Precoro;
- We'll schedule a training with you if it's needed