A payment term ( also, term of payment) is documentation that details how and when your customers pay for the products or services. Terms of payment set your business's expectations for the amount, including when clients pay and what penalties they may receive for missed payments.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Step 1. Activate the "Suppliers and Items" module in the user's role
- Step 2. Create your own Payment Terms
- Step 3. Set the Payment Term information for the Supplier
- Step 4. Specifying Payment Terms in documents
Step 1. Activate the "Suppliers and Items" module in the user's role
Step 2. Create your own Payment Terms
In Precoro, by default, there are two pre-configured types of payment:
- Prepayment is a payment you make to the supplier before shipping goods or providing any services. The supplier will only do this with pre-paid money and send an invoice for the goods.
- Post payment is payment after which you receive the goods, and the supplier gets the payment if everything is fine with the goods.
You can easily deactivate or redact them in Edit mode.
To make the deactivation, uncheck the Active box and press the green button in the Edit option to save the changes:
In order to enter new payment terms, click on green Add button and enter the information on:
- Prepayment % — set the prepayment percentage the supplier wants to receive in advance.
- Post payment % — set the prepayment percentage the supplier wants to receive after the supply/service provision.
- Credit Period (days) — the negotiated number of days allowed to wait before paying an invoice.
There is no restriction on the number of payment terms you can enter in the Precoro.
Step 3. Set the Payment Term information for the Supplier
To use the payment terms in documents, you need to set them for the suppliers:
- In the left-side menu, open the Suppliers and Items section and go to the Suppliers Management option.
- Choose the previously created supplier for whom you wish to set the terms.
- Open the supplier in the Editing mode and add the payment terms information by choosing the necessary ones from the drop-down list.
- After making the changes press the Update button below.
To learn more about creating and managing suppliers, open this link.
Please note you can add as many payment terms to one supplier as you wish.
Step 4. Specifying Payment Terms in documents
In Precoro, when creating such documents as purchase orders or invoices, you can add the payment terms for the supplier:
- Click on the Create document button.
- Choose the supplier and payment term information.
- Save the new document.