When you deactivate a user, it is prudent to set up a substitute to assign revision and matching processes for the inactive user's documents and activities within the Precoro system.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to delegate documents
- What kind of actions can the newly assigned Substitute perform?
- How to choose a substitute for an already inactive user
- What if you don't see the necessary substitute user in the list
How to delegate documents
- Go to Configuration → User Management;
- Locate the respective user you wish to deactivate and press the Edit User button;
- Switch to Off and press Update;
- You'll be proposed to choose a substitute user in the dialog window;
- Click on the dropdown menu and choose a substitute user from the list;
Please note that you can choose only among the users who have the same access as the ones being deactivated.
- Confirm your actions by pressing the 'Yes' button.
What kind of actions can the newly assigned Substitute perform?
- All documents that have to be matched and revised by the inactive user
- All future documents that will demand matching and revision of the inactive user
- The Substitute will get Precoro and e-mail notifications about required actions
The substitute user will also have the info cards in the document lists. These cards will help manage the documents within the inactive user's account.
- Only users with the same roles and access to the exact Locations and Documents Custom Fields will be available as Substitutes.
- The substitute user will be asked to undertake specific actions in documents:
- Find the inactive user by clicking the Show Filters button and setting the Active filter as 'NO';
- Hit the Edit User button;
- Select the Substitute User from the drop-down list and press Update
What if you don't see the necessary substitute user in the list
- Ensure that the user you are attempting to set as a substitute has all the needed roles and access to Locations and Documents Custom Fields.
- Repeat the process to set up the substitute user.