This article will help you to understand the main functions of Products Custom Fields.
Products Custom Fields are assigned to the products. Usually, this is the list of Charts of Accounts/Cost Centers or other custom fields. They can be used in your products from the catalog and budgets.
Types of Products Custom Fields:
If you set this type, you will be able to create and save the list of company's Chart of Accounts/Cost Center options, and while adding products to the document, you will select a necessary option from the list of options you created. You can add codes and sub-levels to your options, as well as edit or delete ones.
Here how Products Custom Field with "Select" type looks like:
Adding a product with "Select" type of Products Custom Field will look like that:
This is an open text field available to fill out each time while adding a product. With this type, you are not able to create a preset list with options.
How it looks like:
You can use this type, for example, to specify a brand, project number, Machine/Vehicle #, add stock groups to products, etc.
If you set this type, you will insert a specific date each time adding a product.
It looks like that:
This type can be also used for adding expected payment date, fox example.
Configurations of Products Custom Fields:
- Enable - means it is currently used by the company. You can disable Custom Field if it's not needed;
- Required to select in products - means it will be a mandatory row in your product lines;
- Show code on document pages in products - if this switch is on, codes will be shown in your documents in products;
- Print in Excel & PDF documents - means that the field will be printed on Excel & PDF versions of Purchase Requisitions/Purchase Orders;.
You can also set up where your Products Custom Fields will be available to select in:
- Available in the Purchase Orders / Receipts / Invoices / Warehouse Requests / Purchase Requisitions - means that the field will be available to fill out in the selected documents in product lines.
- Available in the Budgets - means that you can tie your budget to the Custom Field.
Other functions of Products Custom Fields:
- You can easily disable options in your Products Custom Fields if they are not needed anymore. As well as make them active again if necessary.
- To save any changes in the option, you need to press the 'Save' button
You can read how to create and set up your Chart of Accounts/Cost Center here.