This article will help you understand the main functions of Items Custom Fields.
Items Custom Fields are assigned to Items and can be used in the documents or budgets. Usually, this is the list of Charts of Accounts/Cost Centers or other custom fields.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Types of Items Custom Fields
1. Drop-down list
If you set this type, you will be able to create and save the list of the company's Chart of Accounts/Cost Center options, and while adding items to the document, you will select a necessary option from the list of options you created. In addition, you can add codes and sub-levels to your options, as well as edit or delete ones.
Adding an Item with "Drop-down list" type of Items Custom Field will look like this:
A Text type allows you to enter the info needed each time while adding an item. With this type, you are not able to create a preset list with options.
You can use this type, for example, to specify a brand, project number, Machine/Vehicle #, add stock groups to items, etc.
If you set this type, you will insert a specific date each time adding an item.
This type can also be used for adding the expected payment date, for example.
Configurations of Items Custom Fields:
- ON - means it is active and currently used by the company. You can disable Custom Field if it's not needed by switching the enabled button to OFF;
- Required to select in items - means it will be a mandatory row in your item lines;
- Show Option Code - if this tick-box is active, the codes will be shown in your documents in items;
- Print code/name in Excel & PDF documents - means that the field code/name or both will be printed on Excel & PDF versions of Purchase Requisitions/Purchase Orders/Invoices.
You can also set up where your Items Custom Fields will be available to select in:
- Available in the Purchase Orders / Receipts / Invoices / Requests for Proposals / Warehouse Requests / Purchase Requisitions - means that the field will be available to fill out in the selected documents in item lines;
- Available in the Budgets - means that you can tie your budget to the Custom Field.
How to disable an option/suboption of Items Custom Fields:
- You can easily disable options in your Items Custom Fields if they are not needed anymore. As well as make them active again if necessary.
Please note that you cannot delete the option already used in the documents; you can only make them inactive.
You can read how to create and set up your Chart of Accounts/Cost Center here.