This feature should resolve these problems/issues:
- It's hard to track the Project budget when you have more than one budget in one Project.
- I don't understand the budget availability per month/quarter/year.
- It's hard to create twenty hundreds of budgets. It takes a lot of time.
- I have the same budgets per different periods and I should create a budget every month with the same info. It's struggling me.
What you can do with new budgets:
- Create a budget with multiple budget-lines.
The budget line is a separate budget, included in the main budget.
Each budget line can be assigned to Purchase Orders and Invoices.
This case can be used to track budgets per different costs. Each budget line can be at a different cost.
- Create a budget with multiple periods.
Each budget line can have different periods: months, quarters, or one custom period.
This case can be used as a yearly budget divided by cost and periods.
- Create a budget divided by department and/or project.
How to create a budget with lines, different periods, and assign budget lines per Department and/or Project.
- Please, turn on the budget in the Custom field for documents to be able to assign budget lines per Department and/or Project
- Press New: Create on a budget page and create a budget as shown on the next image:
Here is how your budget will look:
On the early next releases, we will add more graphics and filters on this page. So it will help you to get more detailed insights.