This article will help you understand how to create and track budgets in Precoro.
But first, make sure that you already understand the functionality of budgets.
The most frequent problems/issues you can resolve by using the Budget module:
- It's hard to track the Project budget when you have more than one budget in one Project.
- I don't understand the budget availability per month/quarter/year.
- I have the same budgets per different periods, and I should create a monthly budget with the same info.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What you can do with a Budget Module in Precoro
- How to activate a Budget Module
- How to create a Budget
- How to edit a Budget
- How to create a Budget with multiple custom periods
- How to track a Budget
What you can do with a Budget Module in Precoro
- Create a budget with multiple budget lines.
- The budget line is a separate budget included in the main budget.
- Each budget line can be assigned to Purchase Orders and Invoices.
- This module can be used to track budgets per different costs. Each budget line can be at a separate cost.
- Create a budget with multiple periods.
- Each budget line can have different periods: months, quarters, or one custom period.
- This case can be used as a yearly budget divided by cost and periods.
- Create a budget by Departments and/or Projects.
- It can also help you restrict access to budgets for employees from another department.
- Create a budget by Chart of Accounts / Cost Centers.
- It allows you to dive deeper into tracking costs at the accounting level.
How to activate a Budget Module
- Go to the Basic Setting page —> Budgets tab —> move the switcher to ON —> Update.
Please note only users with the "Budget" role have access to the Budget module.
How to create a Budget
- Open Budgets from the left-side menu and click on the "Create" button.
- Fill in and set up all fields. Once done, hit the "Create" button to save the changes.
- Decide what to include in your budget
- Set up the period/duration
- Specify a Deducted Sum
- Fill in the budget lines. All changes will be saved automatically, but you can also click on the "Save" button.
- Set a name/description for each budget
- Choose a location
- Add Document/Item Custom Fields (if you decided to include them in the budget)
- Make a budget limited (if needed)
- Fill in the amounts for each period
How to edit a Budget
You can edit the budget to change the following information at any time:
- Budget name
- Budget holder
- Deducted sum
- Edit, delete, and add budget lines
Editing the budget can be done in this way:
Please note: if your budget includes Item Custom Fields (e.g., Cost Centers / Chart of Accounts) — you should click the View more button to view these Item Custom Fields in the budget lines.
How to create a Budget with multiple custom periods
To customize budget lines for specific periods, you should create a budget and set the period as 'Custom.' When you create a first budget line and fill in all required fields — press the 'Add period' button.
Please note that the start and end dates will be changed according to set periods.
How to view and track Budgets
You can track a Budget in two ways:
- This dashboard displays all relevant information in real-time:
- The total amount of the whole budget
- The total amount Used
- How much is left Reserved in the budget for recurring documents
- What amount is still Available
- Start and End Dates of the budget
- The Budget holder's email
- How the Deducted Sum is calculated
- On the pie charts, you can find statistics regarding your spending by Location and Supplier.
- At the bottom, you can see all the information by budget lines.
- Besides, you can set filters by
If the budget is created by Item Custom Field, you can set filters only by Location.
This is how your budget dashboard looks with filters set.