Bigger companies typically require to use any tools for following the various processes and making the right decisions.
In Precoro, you can integrate your QuickBooks Online account to get many benefits, which help automate document management and save time.
The Benefits of QuickBooks Online Integration:
- Reduce manual entry of Purchase Orders or Invoices in QuickBooks Online.
- Sync suppliers' data in Precoro and QuickBooks Online.
- Better communication between the purchasing and accounting departments.
- Avoid careless errors due to manual entry.
Important: To integrate QBO with Precoro, you should have a Plus or Advanced QBO subscription. Simple Start or Essentials plan does not offer such an option.
How to integrate Precoro with Quickbooks Online:
- Connect your QuickBooks account
- Sync your Suppliers
- Choose the QBO settings to integrate with Precoro
- Sync Items (optional)
- Select the Integration option
- Tax Agency and Rates matching (optional)*
1. Connect your QuickBooks account
Go to Configuration
2. Sync your Suppliers
Import Suppliers to Precoro from QuickBooks OR press Sync Suppliers if you already have a Supplier's list in Precoro.
Every Supplier in Precoro should have a pair in the QuickBooks. When syncing Suppliers, Precoro will recognize the matches.
If any Suppliers are not recognized - sync them manually through the Suppliers Management page or create a new Supplier in QuickBooks.
Please note that currencies of your Supplier in Precoro and QBO should be the same.
To get more information, go to the Suppliers and Items Integration article.
After this, the list of the following Supplier's fields will be automatically updated back and forth:
- Supplier name
- Legal Address
- Postal Code
- Phone Number
- Email Adress
- Account Number
3. Choose the QBO settings to integrate with Precoro
You can select the following lists to mirror in Precoro:
- GL Accounts (Chart of Accounts)
- Customers and Projects
- Classes / Departments
For example, click on "Import Chart of Accounts":
Then select options of Chart of Accounts that you want to import from QBO and submit.
Once imported, you will use the mirrored options in the Purchase Orders/Invoices in Precoro in the same way as it is configured in your Quickbooks account.
- The buttons that start with "Import..." import previously unintegrated data from QBO.
So, if you added, for example, a new Account in QuickBooks, you should click on "Import Chart of Accounts" to display it in Precoro. To delete unnecessary Accounts, do this manually on the Edit Custom Field page.
- The "Update" will only update already integrated data. So, if you want to update integrated options, use this button to keep integrated data up to date without adding new options.
4. Sync Items (optional)
If you have any products and services or manage inventory in QuickBooks, you can synс it with Precoro.
Synced products will be sent to QuickBooks as items. Other items will be sent as category details.
All changes in QBO regarding products and services and inventory should be synced with Precoro through the "Sync Items" button on the integration page.
To get more information go to the Suppliers and Items Integration page.
5. Select the Integration option
You can choose Approved Purchase Orders or Approved Invoices. If you select Approved Invoices, you can also Import Payments. When "Import payments" is on, payments and their statuses will also be synced.
6. Tax Agency and Rates matching *
To properly integrate QBO with Precoro, you should match the tax rates. You should also set the default Tax Agency in QBO.
*This step will be hidden if you are not using the taxes in Precoro.
To get more information about mapping tax rates, go to the Taxes page.
Once done, your next approved Purchase Order/Invoice will be transferred to QuickBooks automatically.
To get more information about the interaction between Precoro and QBO in the document management, follow these articles:
- Chart of Accounts, Classes, Customers and Projects in QuickBooks;
- Purchase Order.
- Invoices & Payments.