Two-factor authentication helps protect your Precoro account from hackers and identity theft.
In this context, two factors are used for entry:
What only you know — your password.
What only you have — your phone.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- To enable two-factor authentication:
- Now every time you log in to Precoro, you will need:
- To turn off two-factor authentication:
- How to change an authentication application
- How to restore an account in the authentication application
- Required two-factor authentication
To enable two-factor authentication:
1. Go to Profile settings and select Two-factor authentication:
2. Press the Enable button to set up two-factor authentication
3. Choose an application that you want to use and press the Next button
Note that the Authy application allows you to restore the account if necessary (Google Authenticator does not have such a function)
Do not remove Google Authenticator from your phone!
4. Scan the QR code from the authentication page using the authentication application. If you cannot use the QR code, please, enter the secret code in the application manually and press the Next button.
5. The application will generate a dynamic 6-digit code for you.
6. Enter the code on the authentication page.
6. Press the Confirm button.
Congratulations, you have enabled two-factor authentication.
Now every time you log into Precoro, you will need to:
- Enter your unique login and password.
- Go to the authentication application on your phone and enter a dynamic 6-digit code from there.
To turn off the two-factor authentication:
1. Go to Profile settings and select Two-factor authentication.
2. Press the Turn Off button
How to change an authentication application
You can change an authentication application at any time but you will
need to turn off the two-factor authentication and configure it again.