There's already set a typical document numbering in your company, and you want to have in Precoro the same?
This guide shows how to do that.
This feature is available for the following documents:
How does it work?
Here are the parts the numbering can contain:
- custom text (for instance, it could be your company abbr.);
- document creation date (for instance, MMDDYYY format);
- department/project name or code or any other select-option you need to drag from the Document cost center;
- location name or code;
- symbol (for instance, "-");
- sequential number.
How does it look like:
- PDF/XLSX document
- The email sent to the supplier
- Internal email
Our custom numbering PO01400026 consists of:
PO - the custom text
01 - the location code
40 - the project number
0026 - the sequential number
Can we reset the numbering?
Yes, we can and have a few options of that:
- reset once per year;
- reset once you reached a particular quantity of documents.
Please share the case with your CS manager or Support team, and we will be glad to help you.
Can the numbering be kept the same for the PR and PO, for example?
No, each document type has the own numbering.
Can we have a different sequential numbering for various projects, locations, legal entities?
No, we don't have this possibility, but we recommend you discuss the case with your Customer Success Manager.
How to enable this feature?
Usually, we enable it from the backend side that might take up to 2 weeks; therefore, we recommend to brief our team as earlier as possible.
1. Tell us the documents where the customized numbering should be set.
2. Put the structure of the numbering you need, explaining what each part means.
Also, include the number of digits that depends on the planned number of documents.
3. Do you want to start from 0 or continue the sequential numbering you have?
4. When do you need to reset a numbering?
5. Send the requirements to your Customer Success Manager or Support Team.
6. Receive a deadline to complete the implementation.