Basically, all the users have access to their documents by available Locations.
Initiators have access only to the documents they've created.
The user with the approval role sees all the documents with the location available to them.
Let's consider the example:
|User||Available Locations||Available Roles|
Maria has the approval roles for the Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order. And she has an access to 3 location.
She will see all the documents created by Paul and Erica
|Paul||Paul and Erica are initiators. They can create Purchase Requisitions and Orders with the available locations.|
The same way you can set up the access restriction to the documents by:
- Department or Project, and Location
- Department and Project and Location
How to set up
1. Define and set up the Departments or Project.*
* skip this step if you already have the Department or Project.
2. Ask us in the live chat to turn on this feature.
3. Make Document Cost Center a required field in order to limit access to documents.
4. Select the value to restrict access to the documents by on this page.
How to check how it works.
1. Ask some user with any role and access to create some document with the Department.
2. Find the user with the approval roles and who's not have access to this department. Try to find out this document in his(her) account.