TABLE OF CONTENTS
How to export data from Precoro?
Much of the company's procurement data can be found in Purchase Orders and Invoices. These accounting artifacts contain data about purchased and billed items and related info, such as a location, initiator, approvers, create date and required date, cost centers, suppliers, eg. The format of these files is .xlsx which allows you to import the file document into any accounting system you have.
You must have a Report role to process this information. If you have a Report role, you will see the Reports icon on the left side menu.
- Navigate to the Reports menu tab.
- Select the Purchase Order or the Invoice Export by Items Report tab.
- Set the filters to export the info you need and press the button Run Report.
- Once you've got the Purchase Orders or Invoices list, press the button Export.
How to import this data to my QuickBooks account?
To develop the appropriate way to import data into a QuickBooks account, use the Business Importer tool.
After you have registered your Business Importer account, please make sure that:
- Both accounts in Precoro and QuickBooks should have the same main currency set;
- In your QB account, you should have the Purchase Orders and/or the Invoices features activated (they are not available in the trial version of QuickBooks. To turn it on, please ask the QuickBooks Desktop support);
When all is set, you can import the data:
- Open the Business Importer account and press the Import tab.
- Upload the Invoice unloading report file;
- Set up the file for the mapping of QuickBooks fields and Precoro file. It should look like this:
- Once everything is set up, press the 'Start Import' button at the bottom of the page.
- Usually, the import takes 5-10 minutes. Once it is finished, you will have the import status Finished.
To double-check the imported Invoices in QuickBooks:
Navigate to your QuickBooks account and select the Invoice or Purchase Order menu (it depends on what you have trying to import).
You will see some new Invoices or Orders in this tab.
If no, check the import status in Business Importer again.