This article will help you set up a Documents Custom Field.
can use Documents Custom Fields to track your spending by Department or project.
To set up Documents Custom Field for Departments/Projects, please follow these steps:
- First, identify all of your Departments/Projects.
- Next, consider who will be responsible for procurement for each Department/Project.
- Add/check users involved. Make sure there are responsible users for all Departments/Projects.
Note: It would be helpful to have at least one user responsible for each Department/Project.
- Add Departments/Projects in Precoro.
- Define users' access to these Departments/Projects.
To create Departments/Projects, you should:
- Navigate to the left side of the menu and choose Configuration → Documents Custom Fields.
- Press the "Add" button to create a new Documents Custom Field.
- Name your DCF. Type should be set to "Drop-down list."
- Add all necessary options. Options are the names and codes of separate Departments/Projects. You can add up to 5 sub-levels to every option if you utilize a hierarchical tree (sub-departments). Codes are not mandatory.
Please note, you can add options using the "+Add Option" button or massively using the "Import Options" feature. Please, check this article on how to import options to your Documents Сustom Field.
- Configure Basic Settings for this Custom Field.
- Select modules in which this Documents Custom Field should be used by checking the boxes in Available to select in section.
- Click on "Update" to save changes.
Please note, tick Limit access to documents if you want to use this Documents Сustom Field to manage user access to documents.
To define user access to the Departments/Projects:
- After adding all the Departments/Projects and making them available for some documents/budgets/approval workflow, navigate to the User Management page.
- Now set it up for each user one by one.
How does it work?
When the user creates documents, Precoro requires them to select the Department (as configured), and as a result, only the available list of Departments to which the users have access will be shown.