You can use Custom field for documents for tracking your spendings by departments or projects.
To configure it please follow the steps below:
Map all the Departments/Projects that you have.
Think about who will be responsible for the procurement for these Departments/Projects.
- Add/check users involved. Make sure there are responsible users for all Departments/Projects.
Note: It would be useful to have at least one user who is responsible for all Departments/Projects.
Add Departments/Projects in Precoro.
Define users' access to these Departments/Projects.
How to add the Departments/Projects:
Navigate to the left side of the menu and choose Configurations >Custom field for documents.
Press the Add button to create a new Document Custom field. Its type should be Select. Add names for Departments and Projects to the name fields based on your needs.
The Custom field for documents has its own configurations:
- Enable - means it is currently used by the company;
- Required to select in documents - means it will be a necessary row in your documents;
- Show code on document pages in documents - if this switch is on, codes will be shown in your documents;
- Show in Excel & PDF documents - means it will be shown in the downloaded from Precoro document.
- Limit access to documents - if this switch is on, *the users will see only those documents that have available CFD options.
You can also select in which parts of Precoro the particular Document Custom field will be available by putting a tick.
Add all parameters. The parameters are the names and codes of separate Departments/Projects.
In case you have a hierarchical tree of the Departments/Projects - use 2/3-level hierarchy. Below you will find a video that demonstrates the setting up of hierarchical Departments.
How to define user access to the Departments and/or Projects:
After you have added all the Departments/Projects and made them available for some documents - navigate to the user configuration page.
Now set it up for each user one by one.
What does this all mean?
When the user creates documents, Precoro requires him/her to select the Department (as configured) and thus, the allowed list of Departments will be shown as available.