In Precoro there are several ways to create an Invoice:
- You can create an Invoice from scratch, without the Purchase order. Follow the link to see how it works.
- Or you can create the Invoice to the appropriate PO.
The purposes of the Invoices for the Purchase Order:
- Track the discrepancies between the Order and the Invoice
- Workflow for the Purchasing from Ordering for Payments and Receipts
- Reduce late and early payments
In order to create an Invoice for the Purchase order, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the left side menu and press Create from PO
The number on this button shows how many Orders are pending for the Invoice.
- Select the Supplier
- Select the Purchase Order.
- Take a look for the paper or electronic Invoice. Is the invoice amount different from the order amount? If yes, you have some discrepancies. Look at the items and change it if there are some discrepancies. Add new items if you have such in the Invoice. Or delete some items if you don't have such items in the Invoice.
- Once all changes are done press Confirm button.
- Precoro will calculate on this step the deviation between a Purchase Order and Invoice. The changes should be approved from a Purchase Order initiator if the Invoice to PO % is greater than the allowed Tolerance rate.
- The Purchase Order initiator gets the email notification about required approval changes. Goes to Precoro and approves the changes (or rejects/rework).
- The same process is for the Purchase Order approvers.
- The Invoice approval process starts when the Purchase Order approval process ends.
Also, you can create multiple Invoices for one product of the PO
This happens when a supplier:
- makes multiple deliveries
- doesn't have some quantity of goods and a part will be delivered later.
In this case, the supplier will provide you with two or more invoices for one product. You can change the quantity of goods in the invoice and pay only for part of the order. You can then pay the other part of the order with another invoice.
Best practices to match the Invoices with POs:
- get a catalog from the supplier with the right SKU
- ask your supplier to refer each Invoice to the relevant PO #
- make your suppliers to use the Precoro Suppliers Portal