Request for Proposals is an official document that is sent to suppliers in order to find out the price of specific goods in a certain amount. This document can be used for unplanned purchases that have no suppliers. It allows to find the most profitable proposal out of all received proposals and create a Purchase order out of it.
Request for Proposals in Precoro allows to solve the following problems:
- the manual process of price comparison in MS Excel or via email;
- inequitable supplier choice;
- lack of suppliers proposal history that allows to track dynamic of pricing changes;
- paper routine while preparing a request for proposals;
- long-term paper approval process.
How Precoro clients use Request for Proposal
The company has no specialized supplier for certain types of goods. In order to find the best price, Purchasing Manager creates Requests for Proposals from scratch or from Purchase Requisitions, with comments or attached documents if needed.
RFP is sent to suppliers via email. Purchasing Manager can resend the Requests to suppliers anytime before receiving the proposals.
Suppliers receive an invitation email with a web link, via which they can submit their proposals. Once all proposals are received and the decision is made, Purchasing Manager can create a Purchase Order out of this request.