In order to automatically calculate all of the taxes that you have, follow the below steps:
- Navigate to the left-side of the menu and choose Configuration > Basic Settings > Misc Tab. Select the Taxes check box. Once done, press the Save button.
- Once on the configuration page, a new tab called Taxes will appear
- There you can create and set up all your taxes by pressing the Add Tax button.
There is no limit on how many Taxes can be created, therefore go ahead and add in as many as you require.
- The user can also add or edit taxes at the Purchase Order and invoice creation or else on the editing page.
- Edit the tax rates on items if you’re ordering items with different tax rates.
To set up a new tax rate for a product, firstly delete the old one tax rate and then add in the new one.
Keep in mind that:
- when you’re creating the invoice, the tax rates will be copied from the Purchase Order
- if you’re setting up new tax rates in the invoice, at the matching step, all tax rates will be copied from the invoice to the Purchase Order.