After sending the Purchase order to the supplier, the supplier has to send you an Invoice created for this PO. The sum of the Invoice might be different from the sum of the order.
To make the Bill approval process more transparent and easier you may configure the Tolerance rate. This functionality allows you to approve only those Invoices that contain some changes and required to be approved.
If the Tolerance rate is set, all the Invoices that under the tolerance threshold will be automatically approved and passed to the payment stage.
The case when the Supplier has the tolerance rate of 10%.
It means that the Invoice will require approval if the Invoice sum is greater than the Purchase order sum more than 10%.
In this case the initiator of the Purchase order will get an approval notification.
To approve the Invoice follow next steps:
1. Navigate to the left side menu and choose Purchase order option. Choose the infocard 'Awaits approval Invoices' and choose one PO.
2. On the Purchase order you can see the button "Approve the Invoice#___", click on it.
3. Here we have three options - Approve, Reject and Rework. In the Invoice info, we can see that the actual discrepancy in this Invoice is 15,38%, but this case allows the discrepancy less than 10%. And so this Invoice requires an approval.
- Approve — after approving the Invoice will pass to the next approval steps or will be available to pay
- Reject — after rejecting any changes or payments in this Invoice will be unavailable and elements from rejected Invoice will be available to add to the next Invoice.
- Rework — this action allows you to send the Invoice to the initiator again. Use it when the Invoice require some changes from the supplier or contain some errors
After all actions the initiator will get an email with your decision.
If you don't want get the Invoice for the appropriate Purchase order - reject this Invoice and then cancel the Purchase order.
If you are agree with this Invoice and want to pass it to the payment, press Approve.
If you want supplier can make some changes - press Rework.
If you want to get a new Invoice - press Reject.