A request for proposal (RFP) is a document that solicits proposals. RFP is sent to potential suppliers to submit business proposals. It is submitted early in the procurement cycle, either at the preliminary study or procurement stage.
In Precoro, RFP can be created manually from scratch or from PR. Creating RFP from PR’s helps to avoid manual work.
In order to create RFP please follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to the left-side of the menu, choose the Request for Proposals tab and then press the Create button.
2. Choose location, currency and desired delivery date for your RFP. Once done, press the Create button.
3. On the RFP page, you should add the Suppliers, items and the Required delivery date if needed.
4. Once all products and suppliers have been added to the RFP, press the Confirm button. This will send your Request for proposals to suppliers.
Suppliers will get an email with the link to the RFP, where they can then submit their proposal.
5. You will get an email notification once suppliers have submitted their proposals. You can keep track of suppliers propositions by clicking on the clock symbol in the Status column.
6. To select the preferred proposal and the supplier, just click on the Plus sign in the row of the supplier with the most profitable offer. The supplier will then be notified of your decision by email and the status of the RFP will be changed to Completed.
Now you can create a PO from the requests.