A request for proposal (RFP) is a document that solicits proposals. RFP is sent to potential suppliers to submit business proposals. It is submitted early in the procurement cycle, either at the preliminary study or procurement stage.
In Precoro, RFP can be created manually from scratch or from PR. Creating RFP from PR helps to avoid manual work.
In order to create RFP please follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to the left side of the menu, open Request for Proposals tab, and then press Create button.
2. Select location, currency, and desired delivery date for your RFP. Once done, press Create button.
3. On the RFP page, you should add the Suppliers, items, and Required delivery date if needed.
4. Once all products and suppliers have been added to the RFP, press the Confirm button. This will send your request for proposals to suppliers. Suppliers will get an email with this RFP link, where they can submit their proposal.
5. You will get an email notification once the suppliers have submitted their proposals. You can keep track of the suppliers' quotes by clicking on the clock symbol in the Status column.
Product statuses will help you with the following:
- Pending - a supplier for this product has not yet been selected,
- Rejected - the supplier will not be able to deliver this product,
- No proposal - all suppliers will not be able to deliver this product,
- Supplier selected - the supplier for this product is selected in another proposal,
- Approved - the supplier for this product has already been selected.
6. You can select more than one supplier in the Request for Proposal or even approve a supplier for each product in the order. This will help you choose only the best deals and save money.
7. Suppliers whose products you have approved will be notified of your decision.
If you have approved all available products, the request for proposal status will automatically change to Completed and the supplier will be notified of your decision by email. Now you can create a PO from the requests.
8. Also, if you have approved a part of the products, but the suppliers ’proposals did not suit you for the rest, then you can complete the Request for Proposals by yourself with the help of the Complete button. The status of the request for proposals will be changed to Completed, and the statuses of unapproved products will be changed to No Proposals.