A request for proposal (RFP) is a document that solicits proposals. RFP is sent to potential suppliers to submit business proposals. It is submitted early in procurement cycle, either at the preliminary study or procurement stage.
In Precoro RFP can be created manually from scratch or from PR. Creating RFP from PRs allows avoiding manual work.
In order to create RFP please follow the steps below.
1. Navigate to the left-side menu, choose Request for Proposals tab and press Create button.
2. Choose location, currency and desired delivery date for your RFP. Once done, press Create button.
3. On the RFP page, you can see the information block and fields for adding comments and notes for the specific RFP.
To add suppliers to your Request you can press Add Supplier button and choose from the list of suppliers with whom you have worked before.
Also, you can enter manually new suppliers names and emails bt pressing Enter Supplier button and they will be informed about this RFP by the email.
4. Press Add product button to choose products from existing catalogs or Add an empty line to enter the desired product manually to your RFP.
5. You can add products from the catalog choosing products one by one, of by adding Product Bundles from your catalog.
6. Once all products and suppliers were added to the RFP, press Confirm button. This will send your Request for proposals to suppliers.
Suppliers will get the email with the link to the RFP, where they can submit their proposal.
7. You will get an email notification once suppliers have submitted their proposals. You can check suppliers propositions by pressing a sign in the Status column.
7. To choose the winner, just click on the Plus sign on the opposite of the supplier with the most profitable offer. The supplier will be notified of your decision by email and the status of the RFP will be changed to Completed.
Now you can create a PO from the requests.