TABLE OF CONTENTS
To send the Purchase Order to the supplier manually, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Purchase Order page → Choose the required Purchase Order from the list. Also, you can filter Purchase Orders by sending status (in this case, choose not sent purchase orders).
2. Check the info and click the Send to Supplier button.
3. The Supplier's email must appear automatically (as you previously added in the Supplier Management). If the supplier`s email was not previously added, you need to add it in this form. Then click Confirm and the email with the PO will be sent to the Supplier.
4. Don't forget to record Supplier email activity!
Not sent - you forgot to send the Purchase Order
Sent - the Purchase Order is sent but not received
Email is received - the Supplier received your email
*Here is an example of an e-mail your Supplier could receive (notice that the note you added for the Supplier is displayed and your contact details also added; in the attachment, your Supplier can find a Purchase Order (document).
To avoid sending manual Purchase Orders set up the automatic process:
Go to the Supplier Management page and add the contacts of all of your suppliers and turn on the PO Automatic sending toggle.
You may choose a standard file format to be sent to suppliers.
Go to the Purchase Orders tab in your company's settings and choose the desired format: it could be either .pdf-file or .xlsx-spreadsheet.
Select the PO documents that won't be sent to Suppliers
You can differentiate the Purchase Order documents which you would like to send or not to send to the Suppliers.
This feature is only available if you have previously activated it in the Configuration → Basic Settings → Purchase Orders → Send to the Supplier check box.
How does it work
When creating the new PO document, you can now select whether you would like it to be sent to the Supplier:
1. After choosing the Supplier, select the necessary option in the Send PO to Supplier field.
Please note that by default, in the Send PO to Supplier field there will be chosen the "Yes" option.
2. If you wish not to send the PO document to the Supplier, select the "No" option.
In that case, you will NOT see the following:
- Button "Send to Supplier" on the PO page.
- "Not sent" status.
- Document listed in the "Send to Supplier" Infocard.
How to resolve the already existing number of POs in the "Send to Supplier" Infocard
1. When pressing the "Send to Supplier" Infocard, you will see boxes next to the documents.
2. Check the necessary documents, and you will see the Do not send to Supplier" button.
After selecting the needed documents and pressing the Do not send to Supplier button, you will see that:
- The number of POs in the "Send to Supplier" Infocard has decreased.
- There is no "Send to Supplier" button and "Not sent" status on the PO view page.
- When editing the PO in the "Send PO to supplier" field, there will be a selected "No" option.