The Products Catalog is the key source for prices, GL assignments, and product descriptions that your company purchases.
Managing Catalog in Precoro facilitates a purchasing process for businesses in a way that:
- Purchase orders are fulfilled with the correct product names and SKU numbers, so no misunderstandings with suppliers.
- GL accounts/cost centres are assigned automatically with predefined settings. It means that the accounting team will no longer worry about the account codes.
Importing products to the catalog
To add products to the catalog manually, follow the next steps:
- Navigate to the left-side menu, choose the Suppliers and Catalog tab, go to the Catalog Management, and press Add product.
- Fill in all the required fields.
Press the green button to save the item in the catalog.
In Precoro, you can also import the products in bulk. To do so, follow the instructions:
- Navigate to the left-side menu, choose the Suppliers and Catalog tab, go to the Catalog Management.
- Press Import products and download a template file.
- Fill in all the required fields marked with * in the template.
Upload the file and press Next Step.
Check the columns and press Import.
When importing items, you’re free to include up to 500 products per one upload.
Required fields to be filled:
- SKU number, the item’s Name, and Price.
- If the Inventory module is turned on, there will be one more required field - Product Type.
- If the Products Custom Field is required in catalog products, this Field name has to be filled in.