The Items Management is the key source for prices, GL assignments, and item descriptions that your company purchases.
Items Management in Precoro facilitates a purchasing process for businesses in a way that:
- Purchase orders are fulfilled with the correct item names and SKU numbers, so there are no misunderstandings with suppliers.
- GL accounts/cost centers are assigned automatically with predefined settings. It means that the accounting team will no longer worry about the account codes.
Importing items to the Item Management
To add items to the catalog manually, do the following steps:
- First, navigate to the left-side menu, choose the Suppliers and Items tab, go to the Item Management and press Add Item.
- Fill in all the required fields → Save by hitting on the green button.
Importing items in bulk
To do that, follow the instructions:
- Navigate to the left-side menu, choose the Suppliers and Item tab, go to the Item Management.
- Press Import Items and download a template file.
- Fill in all the required fields marked with * in the template.
- Upload the file and press Next Step.
- Check the columns and press Import.
When importing items, you’re free to include up to 500 items per one upload.
Please note that all items will be imported as active by default.
Required fields to be filled:
- SKU number, the Item Name, and Price.
Please note: there is a limitation for the Item Name and SKU# - 300 characters.
- If the Inventory module is turned on, there will be one more required field - Item Type.
- If the Items Custom Field is required in Item Management, this field has to be filled in.