In Precoro, you can create a Purchase Order from a Purchase Request or manually create an original Purchase Order. Note, the Purchase Order can be created for one supplier.
To create a Purchase Order manually, follow these steps:
1. Open the Purchase Order module in the left-side menu and click the Create button.
2. Choose the required delivery date, location/shipping address, supplier, and the Purchase Order currency. Once done, please click the Create button.
When adding the supplier on the document creation page and when redacting it on the Draft Status, you can either choose the existing Supplier from the drop-down list or create a new one by clicking the Add new supplier button.
3. Click the Add Item button to add items from the catalog to your order. You can use filters such as keywords, suppliers, category, etc. Click the Add button.
4. If you do not have a catalog of items, use the Add empty row button to insert the details about the item you want to order manually. In this way, you can add the cost of some services and include it to the PO total (as a delivery service or custom rounding).
5. Moreover, you can Add Notes to the purchase order - e.g., some informative details about the delivery time, etc. These details will be displayed in the printed document version and will be visible to the vendor.
7. Add related attachments to your Purchase Orders to check them in terms of one document and easily access them. For that, you have two fields:
- Add Internal Attachments – they will be available for the users and sent to approvers along with the PO PDF. These attachments won’t be visible to the vendors.
- Add External Attachments – the files you attach in this section will be sent to the vendors along with the PO PDF. They also will be available for the users’ reference.
Please follow this link to find more detailed information on the Purchase Order attachment management.
You can navigate directly from your Purchase Order to related Invoices / Receipts / Requisitions to find attachments added to the corresponding documents and
9. Check the info and click Confirm button. The PO status will be changed to "Pending" in case you have to get approval before sending the PO to the supplier.
At this stage, you can make changes to the PO by hitting the "Revise" button.
When editing the fields, please consider this article, Field logic behavior after Edit and Revise actions in documents.
Please note: only the creator of the document or one of the approvers can revise the PO.
If you need to download the PDF/XLSX PO version when it's pending approval, ask your admin to activate this functionality in the Basic Settings → Purchase Order tab → Order Printing Configurations → check the box "Download while Purchase Order pending" → hit Update.
In Revision History, you can see all the attachment alterations as well.