TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to set up the Similar Items feature
- Why use Similar Items
- How to add Similar Items
- How to remove Similar Items
- How to use Similar Items in documents
Similar Items — is a Precoro feature that allows you to link similar items with different prices and SKU codes.
How to set up the Similar Items feature
Please note that to use this feature, you should enable the SKU setting in the Configuration → Basic Settings → Items.
Why use Similar Items
By using Similar Items in Precoro, one can solve the following problems:
- a time-consuming search of similar items among different suppliers in a catalog;
- choosing the most suitable price while searching for similar items.
For example, a company orders similar paper for printing from different suppliers. In that case, the Purchasing Manager can create a Similar Items execution and thus get an opportunity to choose the best option for the paper by comparing prices.
How to add Similar Items
To add similar items to existing items, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Items Management page.
2. Press the Similar Items active button.
3. Find products that are similar to yours and add them to the list by pressing the checkmark on the right.
4. Set the main item and add as many similar items to it as necessary.
The stock balance is summed up per group and always displayed on the main item.
How to remove Similar Items
Press the red cross on the right to remove the specific item from the similar list.
How to use Similar Items in documents
You can see and use the previously created Similar Items when adding items from the Item Management list into a new document.
The Similar Items are available in the following documents Purchase Requisition, Request for Proposals, Invoice, and Purchase Order.