The purchase requisition is a document, generated by a department employee to request that the company order certain items, advise on quantity and the timeframe for the order. A purchase requisition may also contain the authorization to proceed with the purchase order.
As a general rule purchase requisitions are approved by heads of departments. As soon as the purchase requisition is approved it is transferred for further purchase process to the department that deals with suppliers.
By Using Purchase Requisitions in Precoro one can solve the following problems:
- simplify the procurement process of providing employees with the necessary goods and give them a simple tool in which they can request what they need for work (instead of emails, Google tables, chats, and paper notes);
- reduce the number of errors at the procurement stage, because while decrypting requisitions that are not written in a standardized form, there is a human factor that can lead to mistakes;
- reduce the time needed to create Purchase Orders by generating POs automatically.
How do our clients use Purchase Requisition:
- The requisition initiator is a department employee;
- Each employee creates a purchase requisition once there is a need for something;
- The office manager is responsible for ordering goods and tracking their successful delivery.